The Legal Advice You Need After A Forklift Accident
New York has instituted an Industrial Code with regulations outlining safety requirements for the proper operation of cranes, forklifts, backhoes and other heavy equipment used on construction sites. Even when used properly, this equipment can be quite dangerous. When errors are made, serious injuries are likely to occur.
If you have been injured in a forklift, crane or backhoe accident, you may have the ability to seek compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering through a personal injury lawsuit in addition to a workers’ compensation claim.
Experienced Injury Attorneys | Serving Clients Throughout The NYC Area
The personal injury law firm of Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., is one of New York City’s premier law firms for construction accident cases of all kinds. We have been helping injured construction workers for more than 50 years.
We understand the intricacies of New York construction law, and we have successfully obtained many hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Our construction accident attorneys are able to represent clients in cases involving:
- Forklifts tipping over, which can injure both the operator and anyone below
- Forklift operators and backhoe operators running over construction workers on the ground
- Forklifts and backhoes failing to safely carry their loads
- Forklifts crashing into other vehicles or equipment
- Forklifts malfunctioning, dropping their loads or trapping a driver
Our lawyers have the investigative experience, the access to qualified experts and the experience to get results for you in construction-related accidents.
Sample Forklift, Backhoe And Crane Accident Case Results
- $2.5 million settlement for a 37-year-old carpenter foreman who was injured while supervising delivery of heavy material at a construction site. His employer was using a backhoe to unload materials when they shifted and started to fall. He jumped off the truck to avoid being struck by the falling load and injured his knee. We successfully argued that the defendants had violated the Industrial Code regulations regarding the use of material hoists. He suffered a torn medial meniscus and anterior cruciate ligament tear requiring two arthroscopic knee reconstruction procedures and developed chronic low back injury due to his impaired gait.
- $2.375 million settlement for a 44-year-old laborer working on job site who was struck in back by manlift operated by another trade, with neck injury requiring cervical fusion, and with low back sprain and shoulder tendinitis.
- $600,000 settlement for a 54-year-old laborer foreman on construction project to refurbish an old bridge, who suffered crush injury of the foot with multiple fractures requiring surgery with open reduction and internal fixation, when the operating engineer who was moving a heavy Jersey barrier with a backhoe failed to hoist it in conformity with the Industrial Code. Although the lower court dismissed this case, we were successful on appeal in reversing that decision and reinstating the lawsuit.
Contact Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C.
If you or a family member was injured in a forklift or backhoe accident, contact our attorneys by email, call our Manhattan office locally at 212.732.4992, or call us toll free at 800-574-4LAW for a free consultation. We accept all forklift and backhoe accident cases on a contingency fee basis. You owe us no fee unless we recover damages for you.