Accidents Caused By Construction Site Debris
If you have been seriously injured in an accident involving construction site debris, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering through a personal injury lawsuit. This is in addition to the workers’ compensation benefits that you may already be receiving.
We understand the pain and cost of a serious construction injury. Let us help you. We have helped many hundreds of individuals injured in construction accidents in the New York City area.
Serving Workers Like You Since 1965
At the personal injury law firm of Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., we have been advocating for the rights of injured workers in construction accident litigation for more than 50 years. Our attorneys fight relentlessly to recover full compensation for our clients’ injuries and suffering after an accident involving construction debris.
Some Causes Of Construction Site Debris Accidents
Our lawyers are skilled at handling serious personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from all types of construction debris accidents, such as accidents involving:
- Falling tools or construction debris that causes head injury or fatal injury
- Slip and falls due to spilled substances or slippery walkways
- Trip and falls involving debris left by construction crews
- Flying debris caused by cranes striking buildings unexpectedly
- Other construction site debris accidents
Demonstrated Success In Construction Accident Litigation
Most electricians, carpenters, sheet-metal workers, roofers, plumbers and other construction workers are aware of the workers’ compensation benefits they may collect when injured on the job.
However, many people are not aware of the additional compensation that may be available. Third-party liability litigation can be pursued against owners, contractors, subcontractors and other parties who are not the injured worker’s employer. Our efforts have yielded millions of dollars for members of the construction trades in personal injury and wrongful death litigation arising from construction debris accidents:
- $2.5 million settlement in a construction accident case involving an electrician who tripped over debris when working on a narrow catwalk in a subway tunnel and suffered serious injuries
- $2 million settlement for a seriously injured electrician who tripped and fell on “stub-ups” (remnants of old conduits) at the bottom of the stairway
- $1.05 million settlement in a construction accident involving an electrician who tripped on debris while on property that was under construction
Our attorneys have access to a large network of experts to utilize in demonstrating the cause of the accident as well as the value of complex claims. We have alleviated the financial strain caused by head and brain injuries, herniated disks, back injuries, neck injuries, shoulder injuries, knee injuries, fractures, spinal cord injuries and other construction accident injuries. We also handle wrongful death lawsuits that stem from a fatal construction site debris accident.
Were You Injured By Debris On A Construction Site?
Call or email our law firm to schedule a free initial consultation. We only collect a legal fee if we recover money damages for you. Call our Manhattan office toll free at 800-574-4LAW or locally at 212-732-4992.