Cases: Struck By Equipment
- $3.2 million settlement for construction accident for 50-year old electrician who was struck by a wooden column that fell several floors through an inadequately protected floor opening and struck him in the shoulder, causing our client to suffer injury to the cervical spine (neck), with herniated disc(s) and cervical radiculopathy, which required cervical fusion surgery.
- $2.375 million settlement for construction accident for 44-year old laborer working on job site who was struck in back by manlift operated by another trade, with neck injury requiring cervical fusion, and with low back sprain and shoulder tendinitis.
- $1.5 million settlement for construction accident for 54-year old electrician who suffered traumatic amputation of distal phalanx of thumb when winch that was used to lower heavy reel of wire failed, causing the reel to fall and exert great force on safety tagline that our client was holding.
- $900,000 settlement for construction accident for 51-year old electrician who was struck by pieces of kindorf (10-foot lengths of galvanized steel) that were being improperly transported by the plumbing subcontractor. The pieces of kindorf struck her in the shoulder with resulting rotator cuff injury that required surgery.
- $700,000 settlement for construction accident for 47-year old electrician who tripped and fell due to a piece of plywood on the floor that was warped and constituted a tripping hazard, with resulting injuries to both knees, back and neck. Our client required arthroscopic surgery for the torn meniscus of each knee.
- $435,000 settlement for construction accident for 48-year old electrician who was struck by a wheel barrow being pushed by a concrete worker, with resulting knee injury.