What Recourse Do I Have If I'm Injured In A New York Construction Accident?

In any workplace injury case, accident victims often have a lot of questions and not many answers. What recourse do I have? If I'm injured in a New York City construction accident, who is responsible for my medical care? Will I be compensated for my lost wages?

These are all important questions that require serious attention and prompt answers. Getting the information you need from your employer can sometimes be difficult, however, and the assistance of an experienced lawyer can help to ensure that your interests are protected.

The attorneys at Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., have represented many hundreds of clients in a variety of construction site accident claims.

Understanding Your Options After A Construction Accident

In any workplace injury case, employees have the right to seek workers' compensation benefits. In these cases, you would work directly with your employer and the company's workers' comp insurance company to obtain coverage for lost wages, medical bills and treatment.

In many construction site injury cases, however, employees can pursue additional damages in a third-party personal injury claim. These cases are completely separate from workers' compensation claims and do not limit your ability to receive workers' comp benefits.

Third-party claims are not brought against your employer or your co-worker; instead, they are brought against others who contributed to an accident. Contractors, owners of job sites and others are frequent subjects of third-party claims in construction site accidents.

Contact Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C. | NYC Construction Accident Attorneys

Our attorneys have a strong track record of obtaining positive results in third-party claims. Contact our Manhattan law office to discuss your case at a free initial consultation. We accept all cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not pay attorney's fees unless we are successful.

Call us locally at 212.732.4992, call us toll free at 800.340.4992 or complete our contact form to get started. If you are unable to come to us, we will travel to you.