Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
- $1.95 million settlement for 66-year old mother who suffered fractured hip requiring total hip replacement (with subsequent infection requiring further hospitalization and surgery), and 36-year old daughter who suffered multiple injuries including broken ribs.
- $1.85 million settlement for 53-year old man who was a front-seat passenger in a van that struck a stopped dump truck in the rear. Our client instinctively reached out and placed his right hand on the dashboard in anticipation of the impending collision; and the van's airbag deployed on impact, with the airbag making direct contact with his hand. As a result, our client sustained open, segmental fractures of both the radius and ulna, requiring surgery with open reduction and internal fixation for this both-bone forearm fracture, with restriction of motion of the fingers and thumb of his right hand, and with resulting limited motion and pain of his right shoulder, with consequential adhesive capsulitis ("frozen shoulder"). Although our client was in a company van being driven by his co-worker, he was not precluded from suing his employer (the owner of the van) or his co-worker (the driver of the van) because he was in the process of being driven home after his work was completed, and he did not seek or receive workers compensation benefits.
- $1.75 million settlementor 72-year old motorist who suffered fractured cervical vertebrae requiring cervical fusion and fractured hip requiring surgery with open reduction and internal fixation, who claimed that the defendant's vehicle was speeding around a blind curve into the intersection; and the defendant argued that our client failed to obey a stop sign before entering the intersection.
- $1.4 million settlement for 49-year old pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle that disobeyed red traffic signal, struck another vehicle and struck our client. Our client suffered injuries to her cervical spine, lumbar spine, knee and ankle, as well as post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression.
- $1 million arbitration award for underinsurance for 44-year old motorist whose car was struck by another vehicle that disobeyed a red light and who suffered multiple herniated/bulging discs of the lumbosacral spine and cervical spine requiring epidural injections.
- $790,000 settlement during trial for 34-year old pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle that backed up unsafely, with knee injury requiring arthroscopic surgery, and with neck and low back injuries, with herniated discs and radiculopathy (without surgery).
- $650,000 settlement for pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle and suffered broken ankle with surgery.
- $600,000 settlement (which was twice the available insurance) based on "bad faith" of defendants' insurance carrier after trial with jury verdict in excess of $1.5 Million when insurance carrier failed to tender its full policy limits of $300,000.
- $550,000 settlement for motor vehicle accident for 65-year old man who was operating a bicycle that was struck by an automobile that made an improper and unsafe U-turn. As a result, our client suffered a fractured hip requiring surgery with open reduction and internal fixation.
- $500,000 settlement for 46-year old pedestrian struck by vehicle, who suffered fracture of the distal femur and tear of the labrum of her left hip (without surgery).
- $500,000 settlementfor 25-year old passenger in motor vehicle (who was not wearing seat belt), who suffered fractured arm which required surgery with open reduction and internal fixation.
- $500,000 settlement for 60-year old motorist when her vehicle was struck by another vehicle that crossed double yellow line, who suffered fracture of the ankle with surgery with open reduction and internal fixation, fractured nose and broken ribs.
- $475,000 settlement (with defendants paying $375,000 over their $100,000 insurance policy) for 32-year old motorist whose car was struck by the defendants' vehicle that disobeyed a stop sign, and injured her left knee, neck, low back and shoulder.
- $450,000 settlement for motor vehicle accident in which tractor trailer struck vehicle causing 14-year old passenger (who was not wearing seatbelt) to be ejected and to suffer fatal injuries.
No Recovery = No Fee
Free Initial Consultations
Toll Free: 800-574-4529
Email Us For A Response
Or Tell Us About Your Case Here And We’ll Get Back To You Promptly:
Bold labels are required.
*AV Preeminent is the highest rating of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
New York’s Premier Construction Accident And Personal Injury Lawyers