Municipal liability claims can result from many causes, including defective public housing facilities, falls on cracked or broken sidewalks and roadways, defective traffic signs or signals, dangerous municipal parking lots, police brutality, subway or bus accidents, or assaults resulting from improper security.
Regardless of the type of claim you have, the attorneys at Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., are dedicated to ensuring you receive just and fair compensation for your physical and emotional injuries and any financial losses caused by municipal negligence.
Were you injured because of municipal negligence? Call us: 212.732.4992 or 800.574.4529. Free consultation.
Fighting For Victims Of Municipal Negligence For More Than 50 Years
Our firm has been handling municipal liability cases in New York for more than half a century. We have an exceptional record of successful verdicts and settlements. We are prepared to handle a wide range of municipality liability litigation:
- Public transportation accidents, including subway, commuter train and bus crashes resulting in serious injuries and death
- Claims by municipal employees, including teachers, firefighters, police and sanitation workers
- Accusations by students and their parents of improper actions at school, including sexual abuse and teacher misconduct
- Accidents at playgrounds and schools resulting in injury
- Inadequate municipal housing maintained by New York City or the New York City Housing Authority, including security failures
- Allegations against the police, including claims of police misconduct, brutality and false arrest
- Accusations that negligent road design caused or contributed to a motor vehicle accident
- Claims involving public hospitals, including those stemming from surgical errors and medication errors
- Sidewalk injury caused by broken or defectively designed sidewalks, roadways, crosswalks or curbs
If you believe you have a claim, it is important to quickly contact an experienced municipal liability attorney. Unlike in other personal injury litigation, in municipal litigation a notice of claim generally must be filed within 90 days of the accident to preserve your right to file a lawsuit. Other procedural requirements must be complied with or your claim may be barred.
Sample Municipal Liability Case Results
$750,000 settlement for municipal liability for a 44-year-old woman who slipped and fell on ice in front of courthouse, with fracture of her right ankle that required surgery with open reduction and internal fixation, and with shoulder injury.
$600,000 settlement for a client who, after being beaten and kicked by police officers, suffered a ruptured bladder that required surgery. We were successful in obtaining a settlement even though criminal prosecution of the police officers resulted in acquittals.
Contact Our Attorneys | We Can Answer Your Questions
If you or a family member suffered serious injuries as a result of negligence on the part of a city, county or state agency, contact the municipal negligence lawyers at Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., by email, call our Manhattan offices locally at 212.732.4992 or call us toll free at 800.574.4529. Your first consultation with an attorney at our firm is free. Also, you will owe no attorney's fees unless we secure compensation for you.