Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C., is one of the premier construction accident law firms in New York City. Our firm is headed up by attorneys Carl Lustig and Mitchell Sassower, each of whom brings more than 30 years of experience to this field. Our partners are joined by associate attorneys and support staff to form our team.
Years of experience are not the only measurement of our firm's success. A more important measure is the number of people whom we have helped. By this standard, our law firm has truly excelled.
Since our firm was founded, we have helped many hundreds of injured construction workers recover the compensation they need in the aftermath of life-changing injuries. We invite you to review our verdicts and settlements page to see in greater detail the type of success our law firm has achieved for clients like you.
Comprehensive Construction Accident Representation
With our knowledge and experience, we are able to represent electricians, carpenters, plumbers, painters and others who work in nearly every job in the building trade. We represent accident victims in every type of construction or work-related accident, including:
- Ladders and scaffolding: Injuries often occur and are severe when construction workers fall from ladders or scaffoldings collapse.
- Falls from heights: Falling from any height off of the ground will result in injuries. The severity of the injury often depends on how far someone fell and the objects below.
- Falling objects or debris: When construction equipment, objects or debris is unsecured or comes loose, the falling object may cause serious injuries to construction workers below.
- Heavy equipment and machinery accidents such as crane accidents and forklift accidents.
- Electrical accidents: Any type of electrical accident on a job site can cause serious injuries, such as electrocution, burns and/or shocks.
- Failure to provide proper safety equipment: When injuries result from the failure to provide construction workers with proper safety equipment, a lawsuit may be warranted.
- Unsafe tools and equipment: If tools and equipment are worn and not in proper condition, or if appropriate safety devices are missing, serious injuries can occur.
- Demolition and excavation accidents: If a building or area is being demolished or excavated, extreme precautions must be taken to prevent workers from being injured.
- Highway and roadway construction accidents: In addition to the usual risks of construction sites, workers may be exposed to additional risks of vehicular traffic.
- Elevator shaft accidents: It may be very easy for a construction worker to fall into an open or unsecured elevator shaft.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Slipping, tripping and falling on a construction site are not uncommon for workers, as there are numerous hazards that may result in the falls, such as defective and dangerous floors and roofs.
- Other construction accidents that may occur on or near a work site.
Due to our extensive experience representing injured construction workers, we have access to numerous experts who are vital in helping us prove the cause of your accident and the scope of your damages.
Accident Lawyers Working On All Types Of Construction Accident Claims
While workers' compensation benefits are available to injured construction workers, you may have legal claims in addition to workers' compensation. In many cases, a personal injury claim can lead to a far greater financial recovery than workers' compensation benefits. New York has special rules in place that provide additional protection to injured construction workers.
Our construction accident attorneys understand these laws like few other lawyers in the area. In addition to our history of success in trials and in settlements, we have helped to explain new law at the appellate level. We will let you know whether these special rules apply to your situation, and whether you have claims in addition to workers' compensation benefits.
Contact Arye, Lustig & Sassower, P.C.
Call us locally at 212.732.4992, call us toll free at 800.574.4529 or complete our contact form to schedule your free initial consultation. We accept all construction accident claims on a no-recovery, no-fee basis. From our office in Manhattan, we serve clients across the region.